Designed primarily to measure strains on the surface of steel structures.
Consists of two end blocks with a tensioned steel wire between. As the surface undergoes strain the blocks move changing tension in the wire. A VW readout generates voltage pulses and measures the resonant frequency of vibration.
Available in two versions:
Gauge with integral coil housing
Gauge only with separate coil housing
Struts and support systems
Bridges & Dams; Buildings
Piles & Mass Concrete
- Small – can be used in confined spaces
- Easily tensioned on site
- Reliable long-term performance
- Rugged, suitable for demanding environments
- Insensitive to long cable lengths.
- Suitable for remote reading and data logging
- Attached by spot welding