Particularly suitable for the long-term monitoring of concrete structures.
Consists of two end flanges with a tensioned steel wire between them. As concrete undergoes strain, the end blocks will move and the tension in the wire changes. A vibrating wire readout generates voltage pulses in the magnet/coil at the centre of the gauge and measures the resonant frequency of vibration.
Driven and bored piles
Tunnels and deep excavations
Mass concrete pours
- Reliable long-term performance and accuracy
- Rugged, suitable for demanding environments
- Not affected by long cable lengths
- Suitable for direct embedment in concrete
- Output resistant to electrical noise
- Thermally aged to minimise long term drift & calibration changes