The system involves a series of linked rods, fixed to a tunnel wall to monitor deformation.
A datalogging system and related software is available to provide near real time displacement and generate a graphical representation of tunnel performance.
Underground openings during construction for control and safety
Tunnel deformation due to nearby construction
Long-term deformation and performance of existing tunnels
- Low profile design with multiple arms to fit close to tunnel wall
- Does not interfere with tunnel traffic
- High system accuracy of up to 0.02mm of deformation
- Custom engineered to suit each individual application
- Immune to air density problems inherent in optical systems
- Direct measurement of displacement rather than calculation from tilt measurement